- Winter boots- these have removable liners for drying, they don’t have velcro straps, zippers or buckles that pop open during play, they are warm, and can be passed down when outgrown
- Neck gaiter- fleece OR wool keeps the frostbite away (nylon and other fabrics don’t cut it). If you have 2 then when one gets wet from their breath or slimy from their snot (I know it is gross but it happens) they can put a clean dry one on!
- Wool socks- Merino wool is a soft, not scratchy fiber. Keep an eye on the percent of it that the product contains, the more the better!
- Wool long underwear- these are 100% wool and so warm on even our coldest days. Other long underwear will work but these would be a great gift from grandparents!
- Rain boots- light, durable, the handles don’t get in the way of a child learning to cover their own boots independently and they have a good resale value
Provided at school but you might consider using at home as well:
- Mittens- I have finally found a pair of mittens I like!
- But… they no longer make them :( They are BURTON brand. Other styles look like good options as well.
- Snow pants
- Lands End- Kids Squall waterproof iron knee bibs (I prefer the bibs over the pants)
- Winter Parka
- Rain pants- I prefer the bib style but these are also available in the pant style.
- Land’s End often runs great sales (40-60% off), I would discourage from ever purchasing anything at full price.
- If you find this gear used it ofen still has a lot of life left in it!
- Oaki discount code for $29.99+: SecretForestPlayschool
- Iksplor: OUTDOORSCHOOL20 (20%)
- Ella’s Wool: SecretFP22
- Family discount program with Polarn O’Pyret
- I encourage you to check out Duluth Gear Exchange!
- Discount clothing sites can also be explored, such as kidizen, ThredUP, and WornWear.